A popular survival kit that is available is called a bug out bag. Generally these are designed to provide enough supplies for 1 person for 72 hours, though you can get larger bags that carry enough to last a longer period. Bear in mind though that the more you carry, the heavier the bag.
Some bug out bags may have different contents, but the general list of requirements for each bag is as follows:
• Water – for drinking, cooking and washing. US recommendation is 3.78 liters per person per day.
• Non-perishable food – dried, freeze dried or canned
• Purification filters or tablets for water
• Cooking supplies
• First Aid kit
• Fire starter – matches, fire rod, fire piston, lighter etc
• Evacuation plan
• Guidebooks on survival
• Compass and maps
• Camping equipment
• Prescription medicine to last the duration with some extra
• Battery radio
• Flashlight, lantern
• Identification items
• Knives – fixed blade and folding
• Swiss army knife or utility knife
• Rope and tape
• Wire for trap building
Find out much more here.